Not yet familiar with precision agriculture?
Precision agriculture involves automating a large part of agricultural activities (such as crop protection and manuring) through GPS systems sensors on the ground or in the air, computers and the robotisation of agricultural machines or vehicles.
The benefits of precision agriculture for contractors, arable farmers or crop growers:
- Accurate work: in precision agriculture, everything is determined per square metre or even per plant, while in traditional agriculture this occurs per field.
- Efficient use of crop protection agents and fertilisers: the precise way of working ensures that exactly the right quantity of crop protection agents and fertilisers are used. In other words, there’s no waste.
- Increased productivity: precision agriculture helps you work in the most efficient way, which increases productivity. Even in bad weather conditions or when working at night.
- Better time allocation: due to high efficiency and productivity, you can better allocate time per machine and farmer. It means that contractors and farmers can get more done in a day.
- Higher crop yield: minimising the use of fertilisers and plant protection products results in superior, uniform quality and higher crop yields.
- Reduced fuel consumption: precision agriculture enables farmers and contractors to work in parallel strips. So you save fuel and costs.